Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The best of the best


Elias Ricardo Figueroa, known worldwide as “Don Elias”, “Red Wall”, “The Grand Marshal”, was the best player in the history Chilean soccer, born in Valparaiso, in November 25, 1946. His beginning in the soccer was in Santiago Wanderers, team of Valparaiso. Playing of center midfielder, but after some time he started to play as sweeper. Played in Santiago Wanderers, Union la Calera., Peñarol (Uruguay), International of Porto Alegre (Brazil), Palestino and finally he finished his career in Colo-Colo.

Where he played, he was always designated with the best player in his position. He won three years consecutive the award as the best player in America.

He played in the national team of Chile. He was the captain in many occasions and captain of the Chilean squad through their most successive era to date when they qualified for three World Cups, He played in the 1966 FIFA world cup in England, also in the 1974 FIFA world cup in Germany and finally he played in the 1982 FIFA world cup in Spain.

I really admire Elias because he was a good player and he was a good person…

Elias was for me, the best player in his position of all America….


Thanks "Don Elias"

5 comments:

  1. Elías Figueroa is a master ... definitely the best player that Chile has had ... I hope that you find in the class signed for me, I owe you one:) Take care friend. Greetings.

    Diego Pichanga Olivares

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you know that there's a man who imitates madonna and which is also called Elías Figueroa? =P that's my freak contribution jaja

    see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Figueroa was a good player but he was the best player in his position of all America?¿?
    mmm....
    See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don`t know very much about futbol,
    but I know Elias is a master.
    With 12 Elias we would win the mundial
    See you, beny xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the football!!
    Elias Figueroa is an football idol
    I hope that you are fine :D

    See you soon my friend!

    ReplyDelete